- New To Paintball
New To Paintball
So you're new to paintball? You may ask - What do I need to play? Well, we're here to help. There are so many selections and everyone has different tastes, but here is a basic list of what you'll need and why you'll need it. Some of our recommendations are below. If you need more information or have more questions, please feel free to call us at 614.784.2656.
- Paintball Mask. You can't play without it. We recommend a thermal mask or to save money a single mask with an anti-fog lens.
- Paintball Gun. There are so many varieties. We recommend a semi-automatic or electronic semi-automatic to get started. If you progress you may want to upgrade. Guns range from around $50 to $1500. The differences are many and it really depends on your budget and how serious you are about playing.
- Barrel Cover. You can't play without it. You must have a barrel cover at every organized field or event. This safety device covers your barrel when you are not playing and keeps a possible miss-fire from leaving the barrel. Older style barrel plugs are still available, but the more popular and safer barrel cover is recommended.
- Air Supply Tank. This is what powers your gun. It may be CO2 (carbon dioxide) or compressed air (sometimes called Nitrogen or Nitro). CO2 is the cheaper way to go by far, but compressed air is better in varying temperatures.
- Hopper. Sometimes called a feeder or loader, this is what holds the paintballs on the top of your gun. If you get an electronic gun that shoots faster, you should get an electronic hopper as well.
- Squeegee. Use a squeegee to clean your barrel when a paintball breaks inside (so you can stay in the game).
- Paintballs. This is what you are going to shoot at your opponent. Prices and grades vary.
Nice To Have:
- Pack or Harness. This is the pack you wear around your waist to carry extra paintballs into the game. The hopper usually holds 200 balls and the pack lets you carry extra paintballs in tubes that are attached to a belt system. You'll wish you had this when you run out of paint in the middle of a game.
- Barrel upgrade. The stock barrel that comes with most paintball guns is good quality. An upgraded barrel will get you more accuracy, may be smoother and better honed.
- O-rings for your tanks.
- Spare Parts and o-rings to maintain your gun.
- Gun Oil
- Safety Equipment. Paintball is aggressive and you spend a great deal of time on the ground. Knee pads, elbow pads.
- Swabs and Barrel Cleaners to protect your investment and get best performance.
- Spare Tanks. You never know when you will run out of air/CO2.